Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Lazy Healthy Meal


I had a lot of joy at Coles earlier today picking out groceries. Being busy for the past few weeks did not allow me to whip up a storm (I am exxagerating), but I’m always one to whip up quick and easy meals. I made a sandwich for dinner today. Seriously, I’m not quite a fan of bread, but managed to get a mini loaf today. This means that I do not have to finish up the entire loaf (24 slices) within a few days. I think mini loaf, 12 slices are pretty reasonable.

Cured Beef Salad Sandwich with Rocket Leaves

Firstly, I lay some margarine onto my bread before placing the rocket leaves on top. Then came the cured beef slices before adding some dijonnaise mustard (or mayonnaise if you wish) and some cracked pepper to top it.

I then looked into my refrigerator only to find a frozen Splitrock glass bottle broken. I had probably set my refrigerator temperature a little too high in this cold weather. Now I know why I heard the creaking ghostly sounds at night, I thought someone had knocked onto my door profusely. It was the bottle breaking slowly but surely!

I’m not sure why but it looked somewhat beautiful. It was not such a hassle cleaning it after all, just a few wipes.

No comments: